Was just informed about the GodMode folder option in Windows 7 so I thought I would pass along the goodness. I read about the feature on Tom’s Hardware Guide and implemented it. Worked like a charm. Here are the short instructions:
- Highlight and copy the following text (CTRL-C):
- Right-click on your Windows 7 desktop (any version) and highlight New then Folder.
- A folder will appear on the desktop called New folder but notice the folder name is highlighted.
- Now simply CTRL-V to paste the GodMode text into the new folder name. The new name looks long and funky but fear not, the next step fixes it.
- Hit the Enter key and watch the folder icon be replaced with the control panel icon. You’re done.
Enjoy the goodness that is the GodMode folder in Windows 7. Interesting little Easter egg and something to remember. Want to thank Crapgame for giving me the heads up. Great widget.